Menu
gameover2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Left VM a year ago and ntlworld.com email still works! Please delete it!!

Hi,

i left VM a year ago due to the price escalator they use. The @ntlworld email address still works and due to data breach @ zinga my email address was leaked. Sevral attempts to steal my identity are due to this.

I can still send email through IMAP and SMTP???? Please delete this email address as you said you were going to do 30 days after.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Left VM a year ago and ntlworld.com email still works! Please delete it!!

You have come to the right place gameover2020.

The mailbox should have been closed AND deleted automatically 90 days after you finished being a customer (according to VM's own Terms and Conditions). But the process fails all too often and leaves the former customer vulnerable to hacking and theft of personal and financial details (IMO, someone should definitely claim for damages from VM or complain to ICO!)

Only VM staff can raise a ticket to get the mailbox deleted manually. The Forum Team will visit this thread in the next few hours (or days?) and then take your personal details by private message.

When they say it is done, you can verify it is gone by running the email address(es) through mailtester.com. Best wishes to you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @gameover2020

You have indeed come to the right place as @MissPasko has advised - welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post. 

As our user advised, your email should have been deleted within 90 days of your account closing so I am sorry to understand that this has not been the case. 

I've not been able to locate your information so I'll pop you a Private Message so I can take some details and pass security - we can then raise and IT ticket for this to be deleted for you.  The advised timescale is 5 working days but usually these are completed within a few hours. 

Please do look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Martini101
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Left VM well over a year ago but email addresses are still live. Please remove asap. Thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martini101,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Our apologies they are still active. I will pop you a private message now so we can help with this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos