Menu
byronwells
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin Media - Email Question

Alright peeps

I am in need of some advice please.. On the 6th of October I am leaving Virgin media after being with them for over 10 years...  I am just wondering what happen to my blueyonder email account??  Will I still access to it, like yahoo, outlook (former hotmail) etc.. Or is it gone for good....

I would like to be able to keep the email account but don't know

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin Media - Email Question

Hello

Once your contract has ended the email address will stay on the system for 90 days normally some accounts have hung around for longer but could be deleted at anytime and then it will be removed. I am afraid that Virginmedia do not have a system in place to allow you too keep the email address, either paid for or free.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin Media - Email Question

Hello Byronwells,

Thanks for using the forums to get this question answered, I am sorry to hear you're leaving us after such a long time. 

I can confirm that DJ_Shadow's advice is correct, after your services are terminated, your email account will stay open for 90 days to give you time to transfer any important information over to a new email provider. After this, your email will be wiped from our systems and cannot be reinstated. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos