Menu
gka73
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Keeping emails

Hi I recently moved and Virgin couldn't supply my new address, which off course has resulted in my closing my account. I understand I have 90 days to back up archive emails etc.

I have however looked at taking out a mobile tablet account and asked if I could then keep my old email but they have said they couldn't confirm this has as they are the mobile division and my email was through my broadband. I have spoken to customer services but no one seems to be able to give me an answer. Can anyone help with this

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping emails

The answer is no.

A virgin media broadband account is the only way to be able to have a VM email account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gka73
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My email was an old ntlworld address, is this any different?
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No, it makes no difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
gka73
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Im going archive my emails anyway but it wont log in to emails at the moment via my computer as I keep getting the

Oops, something's broken

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.

Other parts of the site might be working as normal, so try using the links below to help you find what you want.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You may need to use an email client such as Thunderbird to access the account.  Webmail access often closes before 90 days have passed.

0 Kudos