cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Webmail, disconnect other services

Relko53
Joining in

I'd very much appreciate some help please.

Recently I have been admitted to nursing care and will no longer be able to return home. Since admission here I have been able to access my emails using Virgin webmail tethered to a tablet via my mobile phone  (there is no internet access here yet, although the care home plan to have it installed within three months).

My previous address has new owners and they will move in soon.

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to ask Virgin to cancel all services to my home including broadband and landline but retain webmail? Having contact with friends and family is really important at this time. My Virgin modem (Hub3) has been brought in here for safekeeping and I will return it asap.

With thanks,

Bill

1 REPLY 1

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Relko53.

Sorry to hear about your current situation. I really do hope the nursing home will look after you.

Regarding your account closure this is not something we can do via our Community, However due to your circumstances changing, we can send you a private message to help with the above.

The email situation is as follows.

Your email account will close after 90 days of your services stopping. What we do advised is to set up a new email account, gmail etc, then make sure you transfer all your email contacts over. That way you will still be able to keep in touch with family and friends.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L