Menu
Sean68
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Keeping Virgin e-mail when moving home to area without Virgin services

Hi,

I'm moving home in the near future and found there are no Virgin services in my new area. Can I keep (and pay for) my e-mail account to access online, as my ntlworld e-mail account is registered with lots of public services that I need to liaise with arranging probate for my late mother? Thx

Sean

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Keeping Virgin e-mail when moving home to area without Virgin services

Hello

I am afraid that your email account can not be kept when you leave, normally they will automatically be deleted 90 days after leaving. There is no paid email service available from Virginmedia. Although some accounts can remain for a longer period.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Keeping Virgin e-mail when moving home to area without Virgin services

My sincere condolences on the passing of your mother.

Be aware any email accounts that survive beyond the 90 day grace period after termination of broadband service: (a) could be deleted at anytime and without further warning; (b) its use will no longer be supported by Virgin Media apart from arranging for its (overdue) deletion.

Find an email service provider that is not tied to use of another service and with security that is equal to or greater than the services it will be used. Start using the new email address with organisations you needed to keep in touch with during probate and migrate the rest over within the 90 day grace period, sooner if possible.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped