Menu
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Keep getting emails from a deleted NTL email address

After many years of inactivity on an old NTL email address (Its not my primary account) I suddenly started to get multiple spam emails from it

The email address has not be used by me for over 8 years I had forgotten it even existed, So I went into my account and deleted it thinking that would be the end of the matter

But no they still keep coming to an email account I have deleted this after several weeks since I deleted the email address 

I can find no way of stopping these emails which are clearly address to the account I deleted how is this possible? I get multiple spam emails every day from this deleted account,

So any help would be appreciated or ideas as to how I can stop this flow of spam and yes I have blocked the email address and tried setting it as spam but nothing seems to work Thanks

PS Ive had another 2 spams to this deleted email address whilst writing this post 

Hold on tight to your Dreams...(ELO)
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting emails from a deleted NTL email address

Sudden increase here within the last 24 hours.

0 Kudos
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes 8 so far today for me 

I cant understand why they keep coming, as the email address as been deleted, it must be something to do with VM as its them who are sending them on onto me 

Hopefully someone from VM will respond to my post 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If the email account has been deleted from the VM servers it cannot be the source of the emails you are receiving.

Sadly the miscreants behind spam often spoof the email address that the spam appears to come from.  Detailed analysis of the source information behind the email should reveal the actual source. However, even armed with that information it is very difficult to get the rogues shut down without a concerted and coordinated response from the relevant authorities around the world.

Spam is a curse that affects all email providers.  Recently my Microsoft email accounts have been receiving a lot of spam compared with very little to my VM addresses.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I don't think that is the case as the emails are sent direct to the deleted email address and sent to me by the NTL (Virgin) servers

These emails are not to multiple recipients but to the specific email address I have deleted 

Tracking tell me that VM gateway accepted the email then sent it to me under the deleted account address

If I disable my NTL account on my email app the spam stops, but the moment I reactivate it they start again 

I can only assume that VM keep some sort of buffer on emails from deleted accounts then send them on after the deletion 

But this doesn't seem practicable as these spam emails have been coming for some days now 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Did you delete the email address concerned from your My Virgin Media account under the Manage Accounts tab?

Your comment about reactivating it suggests not.

If the email address doesn't show under your My Virgin Media account post back here and I will escalate this to the VM Forum Team to get the orphaned account deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No my comment regarding reactivation was in expect to the Apple email app on my device not my VM account, 

I deleted the email address on the my profile section of my VM web portal and it is not longer visible or available to me on my VM account so it as gone 

I have managed a workaround in Apple Mail app by setting a rule to delete any incoming emails from the deleted NTL email address but it is still a puzzle as to how these emails keep coming 

0 Kudos
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And still they keep coming 6 so far today 

The screen shot shows the NTL email address that I deleted  myself 6 days ago using the account profile section on the VM website 

The email address no longer exists in my VM account, but the spammers keep successfully using it, and VM keep send these emails to me 

So anyone at VM can you look at this for me please?F44F4FF5-A202-4CDD-9944-A04ED8F7E41B.jpeg

0 Kudos
kenoliver
Superfast
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And still they keep coming 6 so far today 

The screen shot shows the NTL email address that I deleted  myself 6 days ago using the account profile section on the VM website 

The email address no longer exists in my VM account, but the spammers keep successfully using it, and VM keep send these em'ails to me 

So anyone at VM can you look at this for me please? /F44F4FF5-A202-4CDD-9944-A04ED8F7E41B.jpeg

noggerules
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I too have been receiving many spam/pshing emails, over 100 in the last week. It is to an ntlworl.com email I deleted about 5 yrs ago. I've tried everything to stop them to no avail. Deleted the address from my accounts and from the data but still they come. I blacklist them all which only puts them in the spam box. I don't want to receive them in the first place.

0 Kudos