Menu
DaveW96
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Junk spam email

I know that many are receiving this rush of spam emails. I have checked a lot now and find that the lowest common denominator seems to be that List-ID: is either 631206929 with various sources OR any number with source of <tsongbrio.co.uk> or <kuslarinselami.com>.

I don't know yet if the filter option of Mailing list will trap these but I have just set it up and will report back. If this doesn't work perhaps Virgin could add List-ID to the Conditions options.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Junk spam email

Mail list matches against the following headers: List-Id, X-BeenThere, X-Mailinglist, and X-Mailing-List

FYI suggested similar filter here Re: I want spam but restricted to List-Id and with inclusion of exceptions, i.e. consider mail lists to be spam unless specifically excluded by exception

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DaveW96
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not familiar with the ways of getting through to Virgin teccies but I would like them to know that all the spam emails I have now investigated have a common fingerprint of :-

X-EMarSys-Identify: 335032644_11132_946063
X-EMarSys-Environment: theantinora3754456370631058405616

and

Date: Wed4 Oct 2020 18:44:07 -0400

Didn't take ME long - how come this crap is still coming through.

Do I get a reward?

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveW96

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the spam emails. 

Please see this link which should help further with this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
DaveW96
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Since filtering the Mailing list element as per my email of Monday 28th, I have now received no further spam into my Inbox. I also deleted all of the other filters I had been adding whenever a new apparent sender was seen.  I now only have 3 filters:-

Mailing list  Contains 631206929

Mailing list  Contains <kuslarinselami.com>

Mailing list  Contains <tsongbrio.co.uk>

If you are still receiving this junk give this a try.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DaveW96, thanks for the message and  glad to hear that this is sorted, please let us know if you require any further assistance? Chris 

0 Kudos