cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junk mail!

mitch84
Fibre optic

Hi

Lately Im getting a fair few emails about lonely woman and their breasts and what not to my ntlworld.com email address, luckily they all go to the junk folder.

I thought I would change my password, last time I changed it was in 2022, seems VM have made that difficult as well now. How do I go about doing that?

Just on a side note I think the email service from VM is atrocious, luckily I only use it as a backup service, for my primary email I use a different provider, and don't get any of these sex /hot lonely woman emails.

3 REPLIES 3

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mitch84 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, apologies that you have been having these types of emails sent to your junk folder. This link 👉 Preventing Spam will be able to assist you in preventing these in the future.

Sabrina

mitch84
Fibre optic

Thank you, but as mentioned I can't find the change password setting. its vanished?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

You may be required to change the account username to a third party email address before you can complete the password reset process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks