cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's NOT Spam..!!

Pete_Notts
Up to speed

I am a disabled hosebound reclusive hermit..and honestly my luck with VM across the board of late has...polite..not been good.

Only a day ago after sending some photos to one part of the council, my account got locked out. I trawled and managed to discover that I would need to reset my VM password...which did work, and again have access.

Today ? I tried to write a reply - no attachments - to Nottingham's Garden Assistance scheme for elderly/disabled people. They are trying to assist me in getting some garden maintenance desperately needed.

I was able to send the initial email asking for help OK. I got their reply no problem.

*BUT* It was key on me replying to them..I mean the council, not some sordid dodgy..well whatever.

And then I get this frustrating message :

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [Garden Assistance <gassis@nottinghamcity.gov.uk>] (554 - 554 5.2.0 SMTP602 Message contains Spam Content ;id=x1lMnJcQYVu5Xx1lMnwc85;sid=x1lMnJcQYVu5X;mta=smtp1.tb;d=20220603;t=093029[CET];ipsrc=172.25.160.151;
)

I am not a techno geek, so technical answers will simply 'whoosh' over my head. What the hell is going on with Virgin email ? When my own local authority is flagged as spammers, and I am left incommunicado :-s

I did try a workaround, and sent my message to them, minus replying directly to their initial response - which caused the above issue. Not sure the council will link my seperate garden assistance email to the original case or not...dunno how their systems work.

How is it, that Virgin email is supremely excellent in failing to stop crap ACTUAL emails..the likes of :

Dear Mr Pete. I am King Solomn TakeThePissAlot from Regaria, and have 2 trillion goat dollars to invest to you my cherished friend.."

Maybe slight embellishment, but you get the idea.

And then my email is rendered inoperable, when trying to maintain a simple communication between me and my own council regarding the garden assistance help I need...AND...yesterday blocked me/my account until I resolved it, from sending photos as requested to a different part of the council, regarding an entirely seperate matter (it was a neighbour feeding MASS amounts of pigeons and the whole Close' here turned into a giant pigeon pooing aviary), and whereby just had a letter from APHA that Avian Bird Flu has been identified in our immediate area - hence why I sent the pictures yesterday which I took.

Then my account was blocked. Then I restored it with a new password, after following a litany of pages of instructions working out how to do it..for no damn good reason.

And now today. On my seperate issue with the council seeking help (re garden assistance they are trying to help me with), you are sending me aforementioned message :-s ...brilliant. But nope...arse about t'it. Communicating with my own council, local authority and other government/national agencies, has your 'filters' knickers in a twist and creating a nightmare to navigate. Meanwhile 2 bit troll scammers and spammers circumnavigate your supposed filters effortlessly..

If you were this effective against actual Spam..? You'd be champions. Instead of hours a day my health does not have, trying to fix your endless array of back to front cockwomblery for the simplest of things which are the ones that should never be causing a problem to begin with.

Why can't you just fix it, and make the service reliable ? Year after year and despite developments in internet speeds, new fancy boxes for TV...your web mail is still as inept as it was when it first started as ntlworld.

IF you don't care about email..? Then just write to us all, and give us good warning in time to find other places to migrate to. If intending to keep it though..? Then *FIX* the platform, and make it someplace which will not consume hours..half a day..or more because of one problem, after another after another being the all too frequent norm.

Kind Frazzled Regards

Pete

20 REPLIES 20

ps...The fact that I created two threads on the same subject it seems - definitely proof that I was even more tired starting than I had realised. It had not been my intention, and unsure how I even managed to do that. So no worries if you want to merge them, and delete the other. Ironically becoming an unintended 'spammer' myself..lol. My apologies for that gaffe. Pete