Menu
bod
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Issue with email account

I left Virgin Media end of June, and expected my email address to be removed 90 days after, but this didn't happen, I was using the webmail client until last week.

In the last couple of days I can no longer access my account using the web client, or my virgin media account, so it looks like the account has now been removed.

Problem is I can still send and receive emails using clients such as Outlook so the email account is still active.  

How do I get the email account permanently removed?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with email account

Email account deletion for former VM accounts is a multistage process.  Webmail access is generally first to go.

VM do not have a good track record of applying their own stated policy with deleting email accounts when a broadband account is closed down.

The VM Forum Team should be able to make sure that your old email address is completely purged from their systems when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @bod 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that your email address hasn't been completely deleted. 

I can defiantly arrange for this to be removed completely for you, as it has been a little time since your original post, are you able to let me know if you are still having the issues? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
bod
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Zak_m,

Thanks, can you please ensure the email account is completely removed as I no longer have access to it.  The account is still active I just tried sending an email to it and it arrived via Outlook.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @bod

Cheers so much for popping back - sorry that it seems your email address is still active. If things are still being sent to and from the email account, it can miss the purge. 

We'll need to pop you a Private Message to take some account information and go through security with you so we can ensure this is done for you. 

Please look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for your Private Mesaage @Bob

I can confirm that the request has been submitted to filly purge the email address you have supplied; this has been done under reference number P010336150

We are advised that this can take around 5 working days but usually this is done much quicker; once we have any update, we'll be sure to let you know. 

Thanks!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos