cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with a secondary email account

jan447
Joining in

HNY y'all..

I'm having an issue with a secondary email account ... again.  I can see the 'rogue' email address (@virginmedia.com) when I log into my VM account, and I can receive emails to it via VM webmail, but Outlook will not accept any credentials i enter; even using and after changing the App PW.

All other VM email addresses i use seem to be okay, it's just this one.

Any ideas?

Jan

4 REPLIES 4

jan447
Joining in

I've also noticed that one of my other [original] Blueyonder email accounts is receiving but cannot send (SMTP authentication error). I have run the CURL script and it passed.  Not sure if these two symptoms are related or not.

Hey jan447, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

If it working on VM mail this is a good sign if its just on Outlook I would look at removing and re-adding the account on. Doing this should fix the issue for you.

Please also make sure you are using the updated version of Outlook.

Keep us updated .

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt, i did that already thanks.  Wierdly (or maybe not!) it seems that a recent move to the 'New Outlook' has highlighted this.  When i switch back to the 'Old Version' it works ok again.  My hubby is IT literate (ish) and has scoured the web for answers but found nothing.  We're worried what will happen if and when MS force the move to the new Outlook.

Thank you for trying for us Jan447.

What happens when you try to use another device? 

Is there any updates that need to be done on the Outlook? 

Let us know. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide