Menu
Highlighted
Message 13 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Issue Sending Email and Accessing Webmail +++RESOLVED+++

+++UPDATE 17:00 - 2nd September 2020+++

This issue is now resolved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, 

We're currently experiencing an issue affecting our customers sending email via our SMTP servers and accessing webmail. This is currently being investigated through the ticket P010119716.

We will let you know when we have a further update.

Many thanks, 

Your Community Moderators.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Cannot send from email client - SMTP hangs

I am currently unable to send mail to smtp.virginmedia.com from my  email client (thunderbird)

It makes a connection and then it hangs (error: The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.virginmedia.com timed out. Try again.)

Anyone else have this problem - Virginmedia status says all is fine

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot send from email client - SMTP hangs

Yes I am having the same problem sending my ntlworld emails 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Yes me too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here with my ntlworld.com and virginmedia.com email accounts

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Same problem with NTL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Cannot send email from clients : smtp.ntlworld.com and smtp.virginmedia.com -

Today at about 13:00 or around  that time I found my email client can't send emails out from one of  my addresses.

The message from Postbox (a Thunderbird engine) reports :
"The message could not be send because the connection to the outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.ntlworld.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again."

Repeated attempts failed. Then I tried some of the other email addresses (ntlworld ) and same thing.
Then trying one of my virginmedia addresses also fails.

I then went to the web client. VM was painfully slow but eventually got to send some test messages ok from there.

NEXT (important) I used my phone client to send an email (connected to my Wifi) reports "connection error" [Aquamail android]

NEXT (to eliminate IP blacklisting even though I have no reason to suspect it)
I disconnected from my home wifi and turned on 4G and this resulted in the same failure.

So the upshot is that no email can be sent from ANY client via ANY IP address.

What's going on? It was pretty sudden and a check of VM service status has no mention of any problems.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.virginmedia.com was l

just started receiving this message - The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.virginmedia.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. 

I cannot send any emails from Thunderbird or Outlook today,  I followed all the suggestions changed POP3 and SMTP from Blueyonder to Virginmedia but no luck so I have changed them back again and still no luck

Is this a current Virgin media issue or is it just affecting me somehow?

Help please

Cheers 

simon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Email wont send

Hi All, My wife's then my email won't send. It stays in the out box when we try sending. It's on 2 different computers with 2 different emails address's. They just won't go. Mine worked earlier as I sent a couple of emails but not now. Also not o the other computer too. Is Virgin doing something!!??
I can receive though from other people.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Emails not being sent but can receive.

Interenet has been down for nearly a day but now back "on" but whilst able to receive emails am not able to send. Error message received = "Task POP3 ntlworld.com. Sending erroe (0X800CCC67) the server responded "registery\user\ S-1-5-21-2666377739-3795332047-3815013666-1001"

Any one have a idea what this is about. Tried phoning 150 but not clogged with calls etc!!

Regards...D.A.Wood

Tags (1)
0 Kudos