Menu
kevcole
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is virgin email down?

Last night I couldn't sign into my email with my Samsung app.

I tried to sign in online but that just said to try again in an hour

It's still the same this morning

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is virgin email down?

@kevcole wrote:

I tried to sign in online but that just said to try again in an hour

That sounds as if Virgin Media has locked your account, possibly for security reasons.

The official advice is to reset your password, see here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-account-is-locked 

However, in reality it usually requires action from VM to re- enable the account. If you are a VM broadband customer the Forum Team (VM employees) can arrange that for you. One of them will contact you via the forum and get the details from you by Private Message, don't post your email address here.

It may take a day or so but they will contact you, so just sit tight.😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
kevcole
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply

I usually go online and reset my password, which I have done. 

But this time it does appear to be locked

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@kevcole wrote:

But this time it does appear to be locked

Thanks for confirming that you have tried resetting the password.

I can see from your other posts regarding your VM Wifi that you are a VM broadband customer so, as I said in my first post, one of the Forum Team will contact via this thread and get the account re-enabled for you.

Coenoby 

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi kevcole,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're unable to access your emails with us even after resetting your password. Due to this we will investigate this further for you.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details and see what your email has been locked. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos