Menu
dazd
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is this email valid - Have your say on Virgin Media - Help us better meet the needs of our customers

Hi guys

Got an email today with the subject:

Have your say on Virgin Media - Help us better meet the needs of our customers

Then goes on to say:
"Hello xxxxxx,

We’re conducting a quick survey on behalf of Virgin Media and we’d love to hear what you think about some of their services.

What’s this all about?

It’ll take around 20 minutes and the information will help Virgin Media to better understand their customer’s view of the products and services that they offer.

What’s in it for you?

To say thanks for completing the survey you’ll be entered into a prize draw to win one of two prizes of £250. You just need to have completed the survey by Monday 4th May 2020 to be in with a chance of winning."

Is this a valid email on behalf of VM?

Not that I don't trust things after the data breach but I kind of don't trust things after the data breach 🤣

Thanks

Daz

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this email valid - Have your say on Virgin Media - Help us better meet the needs of our customers

If you hover your mouse over the links do they point to a genuine virginmedia address or something different?

0 Kudos
dazd
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is this email valid - Have your say on Virgin Media - Help us better meet the needs of our customers

Yeah looked at that and the link goes to virginmediasurveys.com which could have been created by anyone, that's why I thought I'd ask in here so VM can confirm or deny LOL

Thanks for your reply, it's very much appreciated 😀

Daz

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it does look suspect.
Did the email refer to you by name or by something generic like dear <insert email address here> user?

0 Kudos