Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is this email real or not? From email@em.virginmedia.com

Hi,

I received an email from email@em.virginmedia.com saying that I was selected to try Virgin's new WiFi Pods?

The email looks legitimate, but I feel like you can never be too careful with emails that say you're randomly in luck about something 😛 

Does anyone know if this is legitimate or not please? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is this email real or not? From email@em.virginmedia.com

Yes it is legit. I've just signed up myself. And if you delay too long you'll be too late. I think the wording is unfortunate - to say the least because of the impression it gives (too much like many of the scams that are around) but typical of corporate language these days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I received the 'invitation' at 2:37pm - by 3:45 the invitation was closed.

Either Virgin Media had very few places available, or there are a huge number of people who trusted an email that looked for all the world like a scam. - Took me an hour to verify its legitimacy!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is such a pity that natural and understandable suspicion about the authenticity of mail leads to this kind of thing. It has always been the case that trials with limited numbers are over-subscribed more quickly than you (or even VM) might imagine. Sorry you lost out

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yup, I'm sorry too - But glad that I carried out my due diligence on what looked for al the world to be a scam.

Makes you wonder about how many people must have just accepted that it was genuine without checking first ! As it is, the 'invitation' became just another piece of spam!
0 Kudos