Menu
Bazzer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is there a way to filter spam from View Source / Authentication-Results: ukmail.iss.as9143.net

Hi,

For a couple of weeks I've been swamped by spam and one thing they all have in common when looking at View Source is "Authentication-Results: ukmail.iss.as9143.net;" and if I run any of them through Spamcop it says "abuse@as9143.net".

Is there any way I can set up a filter to stop this?

0 Kudos
Bazzer
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there a way to filter spam from View Source / Authentication-Results: ukmail.iss.as9143.net

Forget it ... seems even the few emails from good sources says Authentication-Results: ukmail.iss.as9143.net

0 Kudos
LonelyBlade
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there a way to filter spam from View Source / Authentication-Results: ukmail.iss.as9143.net

0 Kudos
Bazzer
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lonely Blade and thanks for the reply. I've been busily setting up filters as in the instructions for "From" and "Subject" fields and now I'm hoping I'll see less spam. All my spam is to an ntlworld email address, I just can't understand why Virgin Media don't acknowledge the spam problem in this forum and put a stop to it

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Bazzer 

Just so you understand the Authentication-results: header

The first term is related to the system that's authenticating the mail followed by the results of the checks themselves.

Authentication-Results: ukmail.iss.as9143.net;
spf=pass (129.41.175.214;bounce.wca.europe.creative.com);
dkim=pass header.d=wca.europe.creative.com;
dmarc=none header.from=wca.europe.creative.com (dis=no_record)

ukmail.iss.as9143.net - is part of the email system at Ziggo internet that Virgin Media uses for their email service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bazzer
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ravenstar68 and thanks for that information. I'm afraid when viewing source, other than the obvious bits it's mostly a load of gobbledygook to me and is easily misinterpreted.

BTW., I'm pleased to say that so far the filtering has done well ... 3 spam mails straight to the spam folder in the last hour 🙂

LonelyBlade
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Over time I have learned Virgin Media take no direct part in these forums. There are however 'mods' who can help with certain issues, unfortunately this ongoing spam problem is beyond their powers!

Reading through some of the threads on here some people have been suffering for months, luckily I received a response on the the thread I was on from 用心棒 which helped tremendously - no problems since I followed the instructions!
0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@LonelyBlade 

The Forum Team are actually employed by Virgin Media and they do help where they can.  However think of the Forum Team in a similar vein to 1st level support, (in some cases a bit more knowledgeable though), in that in many cases they have to escalate issues to the relevant teams and await a response.

The Moderators are also employed by Virgin Media, but they just look after the day to day running of the Forum.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LonelyBlade
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ah......OK. It just seems that more help comes from people like yourself rather than official sources!
0 Kudos