cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid credentials

HappyTilNow
Tuning in

I'm getting the "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them." message. I've checked the credentials and they look good; 

HappyTilNow_0-1671639592645.pngHappyTilNow_1-1671639615248.png

And the account details are in the correct format. I can't even change the password without getting this 

HappyTilNow_2-1671639668096.png

Any ideas? 

Outlook is now failing to connect to my primary account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Can you log on to the email server with a web browser? Is the email account showing linked to your MyVirginmedia account? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Can you log on to the email server with a web browser? Is the email account showing linked to your MyVirginmedia account? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

HI. Thanks for the response. Yes, I can access my primary account emails via webmail but not Outlook. Not sure about the link to my MyVirginMedia account?

Log into your MyVirginmedia account and check that your email is listed under that menu. If it is not there then it is in danger of being lost. 

- jpeg1

Both accounts are showing and the primary account is sending and receiving OK. The secondary account gets "The provided login data to access e-mail server imap.virginmedia.com seems to be wrong. Please correct them."

Are you certain that you have the same login data for that account? If so it's probably going to need VM staff to look behind the scenes. 

- jpeg1

The login data was the same last week when both accounts were working properly. The secondary account failed at the end of the week and the Primary failed yesterday. No settings on either account was changed by myself. Outlook is still receiving emails on non-Virgin accounts and I can still use webmail on the primary account. The secondary account is inaccessible via Outlook or webmail. 

Thanks for trying though and have a great Christmas.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HappyTilNow What happens when you try to log into webmail with the secondary account.  Remember to log out of any other VM account before checking.

Use this link and sign in the with the secondary email address and password.

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Edited as posts crossed.  You may need to change the password for the secondary account via its My Virgin Media account.  Each email address has a separate My VM account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham & thanks for the help. I tried to sign in to the secondary account but got 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Changing the password to one not previously used generally leads to the unlocking of the account.  It can take up to an hour to clear.

If that doesn't work then there may be a more fundamental issue with the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks