Menu
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet access difficulty

I have been accessing my email for several years using Chrome, but now getting a message  "This page is not working, Error 400."  Logging in using Virgin Media home page, I can access  my emails as normal. I am still using Win 7.As I am a user rather than an expert, help from a real expert required!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet access difficulty

Hi ericg,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the email issue you're having. Have you been able to log in since posting? If not, can you try clearing cache/cookies for me and see if this rectifies it?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS, I am still unable to access emails or even get o line using Chrome browser. I get a message "This page isn't working" and a reference to Error 400. I tried to follow guidance via Google but without success, the "do this then do that" instructions not quite what I got.

Please advise me on how to clear "cache/cookies" in Chrome. No sign of where to go to clear these. Sorry about my ignorance, but I am a very silver surfer who just wants to use modern methods, not understand them as well. When anything fails for the first time, I am lost

Thanks in advance

ericg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@ericg wrote:t.

Please advise me on how to clear "cache/cookies" in Chrome. No sign of where to go to clear these

Let me google that for you.

how to clear cache cookies in chrome browser

In Chrome
  1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More .
  3. Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

MissPasko, many thanks, problem solved. Your notes snipped saved and printed for future use

ericg

0 Kudos