Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect password

I'm signed into my email on my iPhone and emails are coming though but when I try to log in on my computer I get a message saying my address or password is incorrect, I know it's not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect password

@cjuliejohnson wrote:

I'm signed into my email on my iPhone and emails are coming though but when I try to log in on my computer I get a message saying my address or password is incorrect, I know it's not.

By "log in on my computer" do you mean logging in from this screen? https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

Are you still a Virgin Media Broadband customer?

If you are still using VM Broadband does that email address go back to a time when you lived at a different location or was the email address created as part of a now closed VM Broadband contract?

The reason I ask is that the symptoms you describe are often seen when an 'Orphan' email account, (one that is not linked to a live broadband account) is being closed down by VM.

Cooenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect password

Hi cjuliejohnson, thanks for posting.

I am sorry you're unable to access the email address via webmail.  It does sound like the advice, given by @coenoby is correct.  But I do want to be sure.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos