cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Mail Server Change of details

Malc0054
Joining in

Hi - I had notification that I could no longer access my ntlworld account direct through Virgin Media and needed to set up another access email. After a lengthy call with a very helpful member of staff, I have managed to set this up through my outlook account.

My problem I don't know how to set-up access with incoming mail server on my iphone 11, as its currently set up for my ntlworld email address and not sure how/ what I need to change.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Malcolm

6 REPLIES 6

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Malc0054,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

With your email all that would have changed is the access via your My VM account, this would need to be changed to a 3rd party address, with your email service on your phone, it should remain the same that the ntl world will still sync through to your email there, can you confirm if this has stopped working at all?

Joe

Hi Joe

Thanks for your reply.

I can access VM as I changed to my outlook address for access. On the same day I was notified I was required to do this, emails stopped being received on my iPhone & iPad.

Malcolm

Hi Joe

iphone & ipad not receiving any emails. I have tried to change IMAP account information email from ntl address to outlook email which is now how I access VM but it states enter valid email address.

Malcolm

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Malc0054 The third party username is only used for My VM and VM webmail.

To access the Ntlworld email address via an email app or client the username remains the full Ntlworld email address concerned along with the generated app password needed for email client access.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham

I tried initially without success but eventually managed to gain access on my iPhone/iPad by deleting my account on the devices and reloading with the new password. It worked straight away.

Thanks for your advice.

Malcolm

Glad to hear this @Malc0054 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs