Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Incoming Email Bounce Notification - Blocked Unsubscribed Notification NEW THREAD

Now then,

I have exactly the same problem as previous posters - and i have been through all the replies referring to such on the above - original thread - and in "How to resubscribe to e-mails" thread.

I have accidentally "unsubscribed" by hitting the unsubscribe button as described by others.

I have contacted the organisation - several times - and they assure me that I am on the list and that the relevant e-mails have been sent. However no e-mail arrives.

I like to think I know a little bit about this sort of thing so had already gone through the blacklist, filtered list etc. before looking at the forum: looking through the replies here I can see no solution. AND Now I am beginning to get a bit annoyed !

Thing is it is my sons school whose e-mails are not coming through and you can probably imagine that is not exactly convenient - and the school admin are beginning to get a bit annoyed with me for continually asking for info I should already have and for asking to check again that I am on the list. etc blah blah blah.

It's not quite a rant - but nearly is

Has anyone got an answer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incoming Email Bounce Notification - Blocked Unsubscribed Notification NEW THREAD

As far as I know the unsubscribe button simply automates the compose and sending of an unsubscribe email which can be found in your Sent folder if successfully sent. The newsletter's email address is not added to a deny list or filtered, as you have confirmed, nor is there any server side processing to block its delivery to your Inbox in future (AFAICS).

If the underlying newsletter service provider can be determined you maybe able to validate your subscribed status. To determine this review the email's source text by:

• signing into webmail
  • select a newsletter
  • within its header area select > View source
  • search the text for X-Report-Abuse or X-Mailer for clues to the underlying newsletter service provider

Alternatively, request the school provide data from their server logs showing delivery of the newsletter email from their server to Virgin Media's server to enable the latter to troubleshoot the issue; only exchange that information with the forum team via private message if requested.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incoming Email Bounce Notification - Blocked Unsubscribed Notification NEW THREAD

Hi,

Many thanks for that - I had actually wondered if it would come down to the schools service provider and not the school itself.

I'll follow up and let you know the results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Djakarta,

Did you manage to get more details and especially any logs and full email headers of the emails they've sent you as suggested by @用心棒 ? Once we have them we'll be able to see what's happening.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos