Menu
Dev_IanT
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Incoming Blueyonder emails being rejected

Hi!

My wife and me are experiencing a problem  with incoming emails being rejected - no messages for us, no nothing, but the messages are being bounced back to the sender. This isn't happening for all senders, but it has happened for M&S (egift cards!), the doctors (important medical details) and Kickstarter - that we know of.

Can someone investigate & fix please? It feels like we're being punished for being loyal Virgin customers.

Ian Taylor

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incoming Blueyonder emails being rejected

Do you have copies of the rejections received by the sender and are you able to post redated copies here?

FYI: posting redacted copies here may allow the forum community to help but if not then the forum team may request unredacted copies via Private Message (2018-12-13.jpeg)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Dev_IanT

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear of this issue but we can certainly look into this for you. 

Do you know the error message that appears when the incoming emails are being rejected? 

How long has this been going off? 

Are you able to send a message to the senders that this occurs to, or do these emails bounce back to? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can you also check your Spa settings in webmail to ensure that they are not set to reject spam - but deliver it to the spam folder instead.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dev_IanT
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Plenty of my stuff goes into the spam folder, so I don't think it's that, thanks.

0 Kudos
Dev_IanT
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for coming back to me.

It's difficult to know how long it's been going on. Staff at companies like M&S don't get to check (or don't care about) the bounce-backs necessarily, so I'm kind of assuming that they're getting the same issue. I may be wrong. We had a problem at the turn of the year from M&S, but it's only in the last few weeks that we've noticed that emails are going astray - the nature of these things is that you only miss the important emails. 

Unfortunately, the only one I know that definitely bounced back (other than the Kickstarter one where the web page told me that my emails weren't getting through), was to my wife from a doctor's secretary, and I wasn't really in a position to quiz her and if her emails were failing, then she wasn't going to be able to send it to me anyway!

In terms of sending emails, the sent emails tend to be from email addresses that don't accept replies, so that's hard to test.

Both our email addresses have hyphens in, but that shouldn't make a difference, AFAIK.

Ian

0 Kudos
Dev_IanT
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've just realised the common denominator between the emails that are failing to get through - they all have attachments.

As many of these are medical letters, this is really important.

Does this help to narrow down the problem?

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam 

Can I recommend that the Forum Team gather some of the affected email addresses, if the user knows the approximate date and time of the sends as well, that would be helpful.

In view of the medical letters especially can I recommend that you be more pro-active here.  If this is occurring due to spam filtering that's being put in place, you really need to find out what you can do to stop these letters from being blocked.

Tim 

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dev_IanT
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tim. It's only become obvious today that there were quite a few medical emails going missing and not just one or two and that they all appear to have attachments - ones without attachments have got through, as have some with attachments (smaller or different file types, perhaps?)

Ian

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for keeping us updated on this Dev_IanT. I would like to raise this with the relevant teams for further investigation - I'll get in touch via PM (just look out for the purple envelope) to confirm some details & we'll take it from there.

Tom