Menu
Debea
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Inbox emails have disappeared both on my iphone and my virgin account

My inbox emails have disappeared both on my iphone and my virgin email account.   They are still there up to February 2014 but from then until this morning they are gone.   Can anyone help with this

0 Kudos
BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inbox emails have disappeared both on my iphone and my virgin account

Put “emails disappeared” into the search bar at the top of this page and read some of the recent posts on the subject.

Two main possibilities -

you accidentally deleted them, or,

your account has been hacked, your emails copied to a hacker's system and then deleted from yours.  

0 Kudos
Debea
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your input. I managed to get through to an advisor at Virgin who can’t understand it as not all my emails have disappeared just the last 6 years which would suggest I hadn’t accidentally deleted the whole inbox.  He also checked and couldn’t see anything that would suggest a hack. He is getting someone from the second tier of advisors to look into it 

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Debea, let us know how you get on with this and what the resolution was as it may help other forum visitor's if they experience similar in the future.

Rob

Debea
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am afraid I am not getting on with this very well at all.   After speaking to the first advisor on 26 April who was extremely helpful and passed the problem to the 2nd advisors I heard nothing.   I phoned again on 30 April and spoke to another very helpful advisor who having checked the notes worked on something and asked for the CM Mac No of my router and said someone would be in touch the following day.  NOTHING    I phoned again today and spoke to an extremely unhelpful advisor who even though I had given the password insisted on speaking to my husband who is the account holder and asked numerous questions and then told me (without even checking the notes like the last adviser had) that someone 'might' phone me today.  I asked to speak to his supervisor but was told there wasn't one.   I then tried to put in a complaint through the Virgin site - filled in the form but when I clicked the send button it said the link was broken.   Really not happy

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

From the Terms and conditions, Virgin Media acceptable use policy:
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy

6. Your responsibilities - content/material

Email use
6.5. It is your responsibility to back up the contents of your Virgin Media email account. Upon suspension or termination of services the content may be removed and permanently deleted by Virgin Media without notice.

Not what you want to hear I know, but that's the way it is. 

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.