Menu
KC11
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Inbox cleared

I wondering if anyone can offer some advice.

This morning I went to check my emails and found that all my emails in my inbox had disappeared And there was just 1 email which was a scam email stating they had my password (which was stated in the email) and if I did not deposit some money into a bitcoin account they would publish some photos etc.
All my sent items emails and draft emails are still there, it’s just my inbox emails that are missing.

Just some questions

1- I spoke to virgin and they have said there is no way of getting all my emails in my inbox back - is this correct?

2- They told me to change my password, which I had done anyway. Do you think it is necessary to change my whole email address? 

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inbox cleared

Hello

To answer your questions -

1) That is correct VM will not be able to get the emails back, unless when you login into webmail https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox they are in the  deleted items. I would recommend to make sure there is no auto forward on by clicking on the 3 bars top right of the webmail, Choose settings and then on the left choose email should open up and you will see Auto Forward.

2) Changing the password is enough.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KC11
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello
Thanks for the information, much appreciated
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Change your security questions and answers as well, and check your email filters for any you haven't set up yourself.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.