cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox Emails just disappeared

Blueskies9
Joining in

The last 20 days of Inbox emails just disappeared in front of my eyes this morning.  Phoned Virgin Media - they say there is nothing they can do and it was because someone was hacking into my email account.

I work from home so have lost important emails and I can't possibly remember all of them for the last 20 days.  I have checked every folder, inc. Trash and Spam.  Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, if you believe this is due to hacking activity then follow the advice here, My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help

If any of your email clients were configured to use POP3 then they should still retain a local copy.

In webmail confirm all folder are subscribed to by:

• selecting ⚙ > ▸ Email > Change IMAP Subscriptions…
  • confirm all folders are selected. If any were not then review the content of those folder for the missing emails

If the missing email are still not found then regrettably they are unrecoverable.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks