Menu
bluegrunt
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Imap blueyonder timed out

Here we go again, once more blueyonder email goes down. Accessible via phone, but my main pc access cannot connect to map4.blueyonder.co.uk, connection keeps timing out. This seems to happen every few months. 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Imap blueyonder timed out

Check to make sure you are using the recommended settings here Setting up my Virgin Media email on a device

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi bluegrunt,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums. Many apologies for our delayed response.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your blueyonder account. Can you please confirm whether you are using our webmail or a third party email client to access your emails?

Also, did the advice provided by @用心棒 work for you?

Let us know if you still need help.

Beth

0 Kudos
bluegrunt
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for replying. I reconfigured my Mac to access via imap.virginmedia.com, instead of imap.blueyonder.co.uk, and it is now working.

My point, which I possibly wasn't clear enough about, was that my email had been working fine with the settings I had in place, and then, without me doing anything to the settings, it stopped working. So presumably something changed (at the virginmedia end?) and suddenly my mail no longer worked. And this is not the first time this has happened, it's been a fairly constant feature of my recent years experience of email with Virginmedia.

You may ask why my Mac had been previously configured to imap.blueyonder.co.uk - this is because previous it wouldn't work with any other setting. 

Still, all good. 

For now ... 

0 Kudos