Menu
zambo
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

IMAP - Server Not Responding

Been like this for several hours. Anyone know if there is a recognised problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: IMAP - Server Not Responding

Likely a local issue judging from the absence of similar post on the forum. Check the Service status webpage and if further help is needed post back here with detail of the error message and email client involved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
zambo
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've managed to find out a bit more about this. A new version of EM client was made available and users were invited to download. However, looking at their help forum it's been a nightmare. I tried disabling my anti-virus and that worked for a while, all folders and mail was synced successfully. I then tried just disabling email function on the AV, and that was OK, but then I started to get SMTP errors. Managed to get through to their helpdesk and they said they were working on a fix for the AV problem, it was known.

Think I will just use webmail until they have a fix. I checked the IMAP and SMTP account settings and they all appear to be OK.

zambo
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have reverted back to V7 of EM Client, 8 was a joke. I have noticed that the account settings for SMTP are shown as Use Port 25, and use SSL/TLS if available although the VM instructions are Port 465.

Everything is working OK, so assume that doesn't matter.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It does matter as communication between the email client and server will be in the clear over port 25. Use the settings recommended by Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
zambo
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK, will do, thanks

0 Kudos