cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to email support

broad-only
Joining in

I am experiencing problems with virginmedia blocking an email I am trying to send. I get the error:

550-5.7.1 The user or domain that you are sending to (or from) has a policy that
    550-5.7.1 prohibited the mail that you sent.

I want to contact support to discuss this and see if I can resolve it. I know it is not the receiving domain that is blocking it as I can send to that from an alternative email address that is not on virginmedia. 

I have been round in circles on the web site but have been unable to find a way to report this problem to support. It does say there should be a form that I can use, but I cannot find it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sololobo
Superstar

Browse to here https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/?branding=virginmedia and follow the instructions under:-

Email Sending Errors

If you are receiving errors when trying to send email, please follow the below advice:

1. Check for a virus on the device
2. Secure your email account (Change your password to something completely new and unique)
3. Fill out the above form selecting "Email Sending Errors" and paste in the exact error message that you are receiving along with all other required fields.

(It may be the case that one of VM's email servers has been blacklisted for sending spam. This happens on occasion (more often than it should) and it's up to VM to rectify the issue by getting the sending IP address delisted.)

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Sololobo
Superstar

Browse to here https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/?branding=virginmedia and follow the instructions under:-

Email Sending Errors

If you are receiving errors when trying to send email, please follow the below advice:

1. Check for a virus on the device
2. Secure your email account (Change your password to something completely new and unique)
3. Fill out the above form selecting "Email Sending Errors" and paste in the exact error message that you are receiving along with all other required fields.

(It may be the case that one of VM's email servers has been blacklisted for sending spam. This happens on occasion (more often than it should) and it's up to VM to rectify the issue by getting the sending IP address delisted.)

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Hi broad-only,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry that you've experienced issues with Virgin Media blocking an email you were attempting to send. 

As our valued member @Sololobo has given some amazing advice already. Did this solution work?

Please let us know if you were able to send your email eventually.

If not please come back to us as it may be the case that your email may have been blacklisted.

Kind regards Jodi.