Menu
DavidEdgar
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I want spam

Hi,

For the last few weeks I have not received any spam at all. Spam folder is always empty.

That might sound good but someone is sending me genuine e-mails and I don't receive anything. I asked them to CC the e-mail to a gmail account. It appeared in the junk folder for gmail but I got nothing in my Virgin Media account; nothing in Inbox, Spam, Trash or anywhere. My Virgin email settings were set to move suspected spam to the Spam folder. I've now turned off Virgin spam filtering and still nothing. I still receive other genuine e-mail in my Inbox with no problems and I can send e-mail with no problems.

I think my mailbox is broken. Is there anyway I can reset the mailbox back to original settings so I can at least check my spam folder for anything that might get in there by accident and mark it as not spam?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want spam

In webmail, review ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email

• > Auto Forward
  • > Filter Rules
  • > Blacklist

for possible causes.

If you have another Virgin Media email address ask the sender to cc there; to see if issue is mailbox specific.

As a last resort consider creating the following filter rule in webmail to copy received messages (with Subject text) to a temporary folder in case the emails are arriving in your mailbox and then disappearing:

2020-10-01.jpeg
Position the new rule at the head of the filter rule list.

Should you decide not to try the above rule and/or the missing emails do no appear in the newly created Temporary folder post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team.

0 Kudos
DavidEdgar
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My auto forward, filter rules and blacklist are empty.

I have added the filter as you suggested and now all e-mail received is copied into the Temporary folder.

I have another e-mail address in the family for the same Virgin account. It receives at least one e-mail per day in the Spam folder.

Could you please flag this to the forum team to have a look at my mailbox to see if it needs fixed, so that messages identified as spam are moved into the Spam folder for me to review?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Issue flagged to the forum team; be aware it can  take them a few hours / days to respond.

Do not forget to remove the filter rule and the temporary folder in webmail.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi DavidEdgar, thanks for your post.

Sorry about the problem you're having with your emails. Please let us take a further look into this for you, I'll send a PM shortly to confirm the necessary details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @DavidEdgar, sorry for the delay with this. I've just had notification from our IT team to say the issue is resolved - I do hope that's the case? If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Tom 

DavidEdgar
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tom. All fixed. Spam now going into Spam folder.

0 Kudos