cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've had to sign up to here in the hope of getting my sub account email fixed

phyllisrosa
Just joined

I've not been able to access my ntlworld email for over a month and have phoned Virgin technical support numerous times without any success spending hours and hours on the phone. I've now changed both the login to the main user account and my email account to non-virgin ones as instructed to by Virgin support but my email still doesnt work.

How the flipping heck do I get my email working again???

Phyllis

1 REPLY 1

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@phyllisrosa wrote:

How the flipping heck do I get my email working again???

Before we start, you don't say whether you have reset the password for those two VM email accounts.

Have you done that? If not, you need to before going any further.

Assuming that you have done that, you can access the VM email accounts using the Virgin Media Webmail service from the VM website. You need to sign in using the non VM email address you have assigned for that VM email account. You can do that  by entering that non VM email account in the Username field from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and then entering the new password you have set..

That should take you into the webmail account for your VM email address but if that does not work post back with the exact error message you get.

Alternatively, if you are using a third party email client or app to access these VM email accounts then you will also need to generate a VM mail app password to use as the password in the account settings of your email client/app.

You can do that by going to the  Account details page in you My Virgin Media account (that's where you assigned the non VM email address to your VM email account). 

Then go to the Virgin Media Mail section towards the bottom of that page and tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password. Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Generate new App password and follow the instructions.

Then update the settings in your email app and enter that mail app password (in full) into the app's settings for your VM email account. Don't change the email address of your VM account in the app's settings, it needs to remain as your VM email address, not the non VM email address.

See how you go with that.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks