cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to recover a potentially suspended email account with the @blueyonder.co.uk tag

MrSpud
Joining in

Hi,

I just got off the phone with virgin customer service who recommended I post this here.

I have two old email addresses I need to regain access to, both with @blueyonder. Can anyone help me recover them please?

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are these email addresses linked to a current Virginmedia broadband account?  If not it will not be possible to recover them. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

They are not, they're from my late mother's old account. The person I spoke to from customer service said she found the addresses on her database, so would these really not be recoverable?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Normally VM would only deal with the original account holder, which is probably why the CS couldn't help you.

If you wait, a staff member here may offer to help but they may well come up against the same problem. And a record of the email address doesn't mean that all its messages have been saved. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi MrSpud

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear about your loss. 

I am sorry, only the account holder can request access to an email account that belongs to them. 

This is for privacy and security reasons. 

We would be unable to provide access to you. 

In addition to this, it's not always possible to reactive email accounts that are not linked to a current active broadband account with us. 

I am sorry we can't be of more help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Virgin Media no longer provide new email addresses for customers so it's all a bit academic now, but when they did, they kept records of which addresses has been used, so that when and if the person left and these addresses were deleted, they couldn't be 'reused' by another or new customer. When your late mother's account was closed down, any and all email addresses and mailboxes associated with it would have been deleted after three months or so. This is probably what the CS agent meant by 'the old address was on their database'.

However VM do not keep 'backups' of emails so once your late mother's mailboxes were deleted, that would be it  -indeed it would be arguably illegal of them to keep such data regarding someone who is no longer a customer.

I'm afraid to say it's gone and neither could VM create a 'new' email account with the same address as a) it was always something that they never did, and b) they no longer provide new email accounts anyway.