Menu
ronjo94
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I need to know my email user name to sign into another email client

I have changed my PC (win 7) and when trying to sign up with a new client, as I no longer have windows live mail, I need to  know my user name, where can I find it please. The original user name from joining Virgin in 2001 does not work

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need to know my email user name to sign into another email client

The email username is the full email address including the @domain part.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ronjo94
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have tried that because some sites say mail address or user name. The user name issued when I joined Virgin in 2001

was simply nine characters together with a password.I've tried 3 different clients but none will recognise my lVirgin log in details saying wrong usr name or password. I know absolutely that my password is correct as I used a few days ago when talking on the phone with Virgin. So, I'me at a loss as to what to do.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

The passphrase used when talking to VM on the phone is not the same as the password for the primary username.

Can you access your email from the VM webmail page?

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
ronjo94
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham.  I use a password when on line to VM which has differed over the years. My phone password has always been the same since joining VM 20 years ago until recently. For the past year  or so when talking on the phone I've had problems so that I now use the same password when on the phone or online. As to the user name, I have no idea what this is as I have had no occasion to use until now.

As I mentioned previously, the user name (shown as such) together with the password was shown on the welcome letter. The letter states that the password can be changed. Not mentioning the user name here suggests that this can not be changed. I have in the last few days tried this among other thing while trying to sign up with another mail client

I have used the VM mail box rarely because I find it unreliable. Trying it 2 days it would not work, today it does work.

I am able to receive email via g-mail but this is not really satisfactory.

At this stage I am reluctant to try resetting my user name is case I come up against another problem which could involve the long wait (yet again) on the phone.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm sorry that I can't help because I don't really understand the issue you are having.  In your original post you said you were trying to set up a new email client.  Is this to access a virginmedia email address or an email address from another email provider?

You are probably best advised to wait for the VM Forum Team to reach this thread in a few days time.  They should be able to ask you more detailed questions via Private Message in order to fully understand the issues you are having.

0 Kudos
ronjo94
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I am trying to find a new client  to enable me to receive VM mail without changing my email address

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The username is the full email address, as I said in post 2. The password will be the same as you use to sign into VM webamil.

There are detailed instructions as to setting up an email client here:

virgin-media-configure-email-settings