Menu
pmills3012
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm losing incoming emails from my inbox!

Some incoming emails appear momentarily in my inbox then disappear into a black hole! I have checked filter rules - no redirection in place. Some emails are still getting through, but I can't detect any pattern as to how this happens.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm losing incoming emails from my inbox!

Consider firstly disabling all rules, then if the problem persists confirming none of the other devices used to read emails are responsible and finally following the advice here Compromised Email Account advice

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you access email on another device? If so & you’re using imap as the incoming server then emails read & deleted on one device will be reflected on other devices.

My Broadband Ping - VM Home
0 Kudos
pmills3012
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I do, and I understand that; however, on my laptop the incoming emails flash into the inbox then disappear. The only way I can handle it at present is to collect all my inbox emails on my iPad - but if I'm on my laptop and an email comes in which disappears, I can't then get it back on my iPad
0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like there’s a filter set on the PC to delete/move messages as they arrive.
Check all the folders especially spam/junk mail & deleted items/trash & see if they’re there.

My Broadband Ping - VM Home
0 Kudos
BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Check if you have “Conversations” ticked. - click on "Sort by" menu at top right of Webmail. 

If "Conversations" is ticked your incoming email will be moved if it is a response/reply to an earlier dialogue. That could move it to the position of the earlier email thread - days or even weeks ago in chronological terms.   

Conversations-1.JPG

0 Kudos