cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting the message - Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

philelvy
Tuning in

I am unable to access my virginmedia.com mailbox as it says it is not available, I have other emails on the same account and they are fine

Can you please check that my email is still available and let me know how to access it asap please

16 REPLIES 16

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@philelvy wrote:

Can you please check that my email is still available and let me know how to access it asap please

If you get the "mailbox unavailable" message it usually means the email account has been locked for some reason.

You may well be able to unlock and re-enable it yourself by resetting the password. You can do that by signing into the "My Virgin Media" account for that email address. Every VM email account now has its own "My Virgin Media" account whether it is your primary or a secondary email account.

Sign into the "My Virgin Media" account (not the webmail account) for that email address from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn using that problem virginmedia.com email address and the existing email password. 

Once you have signed in click on the "Account settings" tab and then the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.  Change the password to one you have never used before and then sign out. Then leave it at least 30 minutes before trying to access the email account.

Post back with how you get on.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

but the virgin media account isn't with the same email so my log in to virgin media is different

when I log into my virgin media account and click the email link I get the message that my mailbox is not available

no joy I still get mailbox unavailable

I've changed my password and still get mailbox unavailable

I've not got access via webmail but can't get the email on my iphone

All sorted thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey philelvy, thanks for all the posts and replies on our help forum and this thread. 

We're sorry to have read of the issues faced before, is everything ok and have you managed to gain access back to your mailbox again?

Let us know if you still need support with this or if you have more questions, happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Please could you explain how you sorted it, my wife is having the exact same issue and we have reset the password twice now.  I don't want to call if I can avoid it as the call centre is pretty useless, and very hard to understand.  Thanks for your time.