Menu
CharlieDrake
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm forbidden to use my email

I've been locked out of my email accounts for a week now have phoned several times every time they say we've reset your password and told me what it was and to log in after 1 hour another said 4 hours another said on Monday the problem has been passed to our IT department and they will get back to you within 48 hours I'm still waiting. I go to the Virgin Media homepage and click on the email and it comes up with Forbidden I've tried with both my browsers Outlook Edge and Google Chrome and get the same response. Funny enough I can still access emails on my mobile I believe this maybe because it's always logged on and I haven't dared to log out. My wife cant get into her account either on any of her devices which is extremely frustrating as she uses it to run her business and is losing out because of this. The reason I've come on this forum is because I'm now had enough and can't find any avenue within Virgin Media to raise this to a higher level as the usual channels do not allow allow this. I would be grateful for any help or advice in this matter  

Thanks

Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm forbidden to use my email

Hello.

Are you currently a Virginmedia customer with an active broadband account?
Do you have any adblockers or are you using any VPN?

0 Kudos
CharlieDrake
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm a current Virgin Media customer with broadband (Though if this keeps up can't see myself being one for much longer)

No I don't have adblockers or VPN

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Try cleaning the browser’s cache.
If this doesn’t fix the problem then please await a reply from a VIP or from a Virginmedia forum member.

0 Kudos
CharlieDrake
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just done that and then tried to log on to email still came back Forbidden thanks for you help 

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Which version of Edge are you using - old Edge or the new EdgeChromium?
Did you clear the cookies too?
Are you accessing Email via a link on the Virginmedia homepage or from a saved favourite link? Try direct: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/
What antivirus software are you using? Have you tried disabling it?

There’s a big thread about this here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Webmail-403-Mailbox-Unavailable-errors/td-p/4294661

I’ll check my account via Edge later, no problems on Safari.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@CharlieDrake wrote:

Just done that and then tried to log on to email still came back Forbidden thanks for you help 

The 403 forbidden error is still affecting some users webmail access and needs individual attention from the VM IT team.

The Forum Team will reach this thread in a day or so and should be able to help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi CharlieDrake

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the email issue. I have checked our systems and your case is with the fault management team who're working on getting this resolved asap.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
CharlieDrake
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi John
I phoned 150 to get an update on what is happening they said it has been fixed but it hasn't I'm still getting Forbidden message I've tried refreshing my browsers they said they can log in so it's my problem asked to speak to IT but was told there is a 3 to 5 working day wait this was first referred to them on Monday 6th July which is 7 working days ago this is really affecting us particularly with my wives account she runs her business from it sorry to be a pain but is there anyway you can elevate this as there is no way of making a complaint on the website it says email them which I can't, phone them but there is no option to complain.
thanks for your help in the matter
Cheers
Charlie Drake
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlie,

I've checked your details and can see that a fault ticket has been raised and it's still open. To be sure and in case they have missing details, can you send me a Private Message with the email in question? Can you also confirm that the error received is via our webmail  and not via a third party email app?  

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos