Menu
paulinedownton
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have been hacked

I have had a letter from virginmedia saying that my virgin.net email address has been used for spam and that it has been blocked. However, when I try to change the password as the letter suggests it won't let me. It is also not accepting my security question replies or the latest bill information which I have taken directly from the billing email that they sent me. There is no phone number to call so how can I fix this?

0 Kudos
paulinedownton
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email virgin.net hacked stopped

I have had an email from virgin saying that my virgin.net email account has been used for spam and is being blocked. I have tried to access my account on my computer and sign in to change the password. However, it doesn't recognise my password, won't accept my security answers when I try to reset it. It also won't accept the last billing information that I have taken straight from the email that they sent me this month before all this happened. I can't find a phone number to ring so how do I resolve this? I can access my emails on my phone at the moment but not sure how long for!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

To be honest you are better off waiting for the VM Forum Team to respond, which is likely to be tomorrow.

If you decide to ring then the option to select is broadband faults, as the VM email system requires an active VM broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
paulinedownton
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank You I will wait to see if I get a reply tomorrow as I need my emails for work
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @paulinedownton

Thanks for posting.

My apologies for the email issue. Have you followed the advice on the letter we sent?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulinedownton,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear you received a spam notification for one of your email accounts, and that you've been struggling to secure and regain access to your account. I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some further details from you and discuss things from there.

Please look out for my PM over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
paulinedownton
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you everyone. I've managed to sort it out over the phone. My security answer had been changed so I went to school at RADA which was news to me! I found that the most scary as it was really hard to get it back without being able to get online.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@paulinedownton Thanks for coming back with an update.

As a matter of interest did you respond to the private message that Beth_G sent you this morning?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
paulinedownton
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have replied to her in a private message. 

0 Kudos