Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I found my old e mail ntl account on a letter from 2005 and i never closed it down can it be reactivated

I have seen on other threads on another board here that a team customer member has helped someone with this so if they could help me  if its possible I be grateful 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I found my old e mail ntl account on a letter from 2005 and i never closed it down can it be reactiva

Does it show as valid on https://mailtester.com/  ?

Are you still a Virginmedia broadband customer?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I found my old e mail ntl account on a letter from 2005 and i never closed it down can it be reactiva

No, we had the NTL cable tv at the time and had our e mail with them broadband possible, in 2005 prior and post  then but i didn't end it my ex did after we split in 2006 only virgin product im a customer of is pay as you go virgin mobile sim  as for it showing on mailtester never knew that existed have not tried it why should |I do that?

Gemini

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The check on mailtester would show if the email address is still operational.

However, given the situation that you have now described that is off little consequence.  VM email addresses, including the legacy domains, should only remain operational whist you remain a virgin media broadband customer.

If the address is still showing as valid then the VM Forum Team should be able to ensure it is properly closed down and deleted. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sadly Graham, it did not work it never showed up which has left me greatly disappointed / but thanks for your help and replies as I just joined tonight ! not sure when it ended as i was not living at home so my partner must have ended it when he moved or carried it to new address as for  e mail im baffled oh well alas not to be ! I don't want it closed down well not till i've read the loads of unread e mails waiting for me and whatever else is in there and they can transfer me to virgin e mail or what ever its called now !  it is possible that after that letter i may have changed e mail slightly!

Gemini

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What, exactly, are you asking for?

Access to an email account set up by an ex- partner in 2005 which is no longer available to you? There are reasons for that.

(Bye the way, using sentences, paragraphs and a modicum of punctuation would make your post a bit more comprehensible.)

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no, he did not its mine ( he had his own) ( it was set up through NTL when we had theri tv service and cable tv and broadband) in its early days my e mail was before 2005,goes back probably  to the 1990's.  I am just saying I would like to see if I can reactivate it,, no my ex partner did not set it up it is my e mail address its a dormant e mail account I am assuming now.  I am just wondering if I can access it again, but it's not looking  likely now.  I jsut wanted to see what e mails ( that i may have still  in there, still as I left it for a long while and set up another and never closed it back in 2005.. There is no need to be so rude about my grammar. I am new here and that is very rude of you to point that out and is not a friendly welcome to a newcomer. if  you can help fine, if not fine, but please don't comment on my grammar.   We are not all grammar police I might have a writing problem ( I don't but you don't know me so don't judge some people for all sorts of reasons struggle with grammar so don't be rude!

Gemini

Gemini

0 Kudos