Menu
Bongus
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I cannot sign into my email and am unable to access webmail.

I have updated password but am still unable to access.  I am unable to post to the official forum post chain as it is locked.  Anyone able to help>

0 Kudos
Bongus
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Email unavailable

I hve been unable to access my email for the past few days through the virginamedia site or any email client.  I have changed password.  It is obviously related to the ongoing issue that others have reported. 

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Bongus
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Email Unavailable

Cannot access email since 19/20 June - same issues as other posters.

Help?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Unavailable

Hi Bongus,

thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your email, I am sorry you've been trying to resolve it with no luck.

Can I ask what is happening when you try to log in? Are there any error messages?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Bongus
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It appears to be the password or at the point of logging in.

I've tried resetting the account up and the error message shows as 'unable to log in at server'.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bongus,

Thanks for coming back to me about this, I will see if I can try to resolve this by resetting your webmail within your account. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can chat about account specifics and security 🙂

Speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Bongus
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Email - Authentication fails

I am unable to view emails and have been for the past few days.  It appears to be an issue with my id/password.

I have previously chatted with someone and have solved some other issues with mail, but still can't access my emails on webmail or through any email client.

Any help available?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email - Authentication fails

Have you replied to @Megan_L private email to you? You should stick to the one thread rather than create multiple threads.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bongus
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Yes, she was who I spoke to before and I have resolved one issue after talking to her.  She adv trying the phone as we were having issue with the chat, but I have resolved the issue after the chat finished.  I've posted again because to raise the issue re authentication.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Can you provide more detail of the 'authentication fails' that you are seeing?  Is this when accessing webmail at https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ or when using a third party email client?

Can you sign into your My Virgin Media account ok with the email and password combination that you are using?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos