0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot paste text into my emails

@crownleigh13 wrote:

Why am I unable to paste text into the correspondence area

I have just tested that in VM webmail (I assume that's what your using} with an Ntlworld.com email account and also a Virginmedia.com account and in both accounts I could paste text into the email body and send the message without any problems.

So the simple answer to your question is 'I don't know'.   However, my thoughts are:

1) Have you tried both ways of pasting?

a) By right clicking and then clicking on 'Paste' in the pop up 

b) Just by hitting Ctrl and V

2) You could try using a different browser or clear the cache and cookies in your current browser. I tested it using Firefox.

3) The other thought that comes to mind is that there is an image included in the text you have copied and you have the format of your new email set to 'plain text' so it won't allow the image to be pasted.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestions coenoby and I have tried them all without success!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@crownleigh13 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions coenoby and I have tried them all without success!

Just to confirm, is the problem confined just to VM webmail? Are you able to paste (Ctrl V) text into other web services in you browser, as well as Word documents, spreadsheets etc?

The Windows 10 clipboard can be troublesome in my experience. As an example, I sometimes get errors telling me there is a problem with my clipboard when I try to paste text into an excel spreadsheet but it clears itself when I save the spreadsheet and reopen it.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi crownleigh13,

Sorry to hear of this happening. Have you been able to sort this since posting? If not, is the issue only with the webmail or other things as well?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I still have the issue pasting text (even with no graphic content) into the correspondence area having tried suggested methods. Oddly I can paste into the subject area and email addressee!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi crownleigh13,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry you are having issues with copy and pasting in your emails.

Have you tried using a different browser and a different device?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos