Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I cannot confirm my email address

Hi, I recently changed Virgin Media account numbers and trying to confirm my email address [Removed] but continue to get a message to say "You haven't confirmed this username yet. Please check your inbox for a message called 'Confirm your My Virgin Media username' and click the link in the email."

When I click the link it advises there is a problem and roots me back to the login page! Please can someone help so I can get my bill details from the system?

Thanks

Iqbal

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot confirm my email address

Hi there @Galsinh1

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our Forums - I am sorry that you're having some issues with what I assume is your online account? 

You advise you have a new account number; was this due to a move or taking over someone else's account? 

Did you request to move your MyVirginMedia details with you to the new account or have you had to re-register your new account using your new account number? 

When it advises you there is a problem - can you let us know what the error message is? Please feel free to show a screenshot of the error (just blank out any personal information)

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I changed account numbers as the previous account was in my late fathers name.

The old account was linked to an old email address so a new email address - [Removed]- has been used with the new account.

I continue to get the error as per the below - Sorry, we can't confirm your username.

Screenshot_20200714-203734_Chrome.jpg

I am trying to register it to update my security questions as I need to speak to someone as my Virgin Media phone line has been down for a week with no resolution. I cannot speak to anyone as apparently there is a password on my account but I've never set one up for it!

Please can someone help 

Thanks

Iqbal

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information Iqbal.

We do advise that you remove the email address from the public forum to keep this secure. 

Have you received any emails to this to verify the username chosen? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes I have received an email. I have received an updated email but I get the same error message.

It will not let me confirm the email

thanks

Iqbal

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Was there a link in this email you can click on? Is this when the error message shows? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Creating a new secondary email address

Just trying to confirm the user name to access my account so I can update the details and then someone @virginmedia will help to get my landline working. It's been out for a week but because I don't recall a password on the account (I actually haven't even set one) no one can help!

Can someone just help me confirm the email address and then assist in getting someone to fix the landline problem! It's not the phone as have tried multiple handsets and is either the connection into the house or the telephone exchange (FYI the WIFI works fine so really don't know the issue?)

Thanks

Iqbal 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes the error message appears when clicking on the link or copying and pasting the link into a browser.

This is frustrating. 

Just trying to confirm the user name to access my account so I can update the details and then someone @virginmedia will help to get my landline working. It's been out for a week but because I don't recall a password on the account (I actually haven't even set one) no one can help when I call even though I can provide all details on the account.

Can someone just help me confirm the email address and then assist in getting someone to fix the landline problem! It's not the phone as have tried multiple handsets and is either the connection into the house or the telephone exchange (FYI the WIFI works fine so really don't know the issue?)

Thanks

Iqbal 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iqbal,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Firstly condolences from all at Virgin Media.

I am also sorry for the online account issue and the phone line problems. I appreciate that you'd like to sort this asap which is what we're going to do. I have done some checks on the phone line and it's not-contactable on our side. This means I have scheduled a work order on your account to the fault management team and their normal timescales are 3 working days. They more than likely will be in touch with you if they're unable to fix this remotely.

The online account seems to be stuck in the verification status so I have today raised this with IT for you under reference P010040229. IT's timescales are 3-5 working days. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos