Menu
tootseuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I cannot access my primary ntlworld account

I started getting some strange emails asking if I had changed my password for a number of  different sites I am on. The only thing I could think of that could be causing this was my ntlworld email address my be hacked.. I signed in to my virgin account and tried to change password and stupidly tried to change them on my phones too. I was unable to open emails in any device. I called 150 from my virgin landline and spoke to an customer service operator. I was told that there was not much he could do as it is an old account Surely that can’t be right?

I am at my wits end, and terrified that I will never be able to access my primary email again (booking confirmation emails for things planned next year etc) l.

When I go to my virgin account and try to go to emails  I get the message stating that my mailbox is not available at the moment, please retry in an hour. Well I have retried throughout the day and night. No luck. Even if I could get into it just to change the password, I would get a link sent to my email address that I can’t access. I don’t know what to do

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot access my primary ntlworld account

Hi tootseuk, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with accessing your email address since receiving the emails.

Can you please confirm if you are an active Virgin Media customer?

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
tootseuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm I am a virgin media customer. Our tv, home phone and internet was originally ntlworld. Virgin Media took it over many years ago and I have remained a loyal customer ever since. I subscribe to the full tv package for 4 televisions. The only virgin media subscription I do not use is mobile phone. My email was set with ntlworld and remains as such with Virgin Media.

I called customer service a couple of days before Christmas on 22/12/20. After two attempts at changing of them changing my password, my query was escalated twice. They then gave me a ticket number promising to call me back within 24-48hrs. I am still waiting...

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. 

When was the ticket provided to you? If you can provide this to me I can check this for you.

^Martin

0 Kudos
tootseuk
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do I add my ticket number in this forum?

0 Kudos
tootseuk
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Martin

You asked when I was given a ticket number and what the number is.

I was given a ticket number on 22nd December 2020 and they said they would call me in 24-48hrs. I am still waiting for them to call. 

Are you asking me to post my ticket number here on this forum?

0 Kudos
tootseuk
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

You asked when I was given a ticket number and what the number is.

I was given a ticket number on 22nd December 2020 and they said they would call me in 24-48hrs. I am still waiting for them to call.

Are you asking me to post my ticket number here on this forum, or send as a pm?
0 Kudos