Menu
Jacko777
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cannot access my email account do know area code and it's not on my bill

I cannot access my email account or reset password ECT as I don't have area code and it's not on my bill 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot access my email account do know area code and it's not on my bill

Do you have a VM broadband account?  If so then the area code will be on your bill.

If you have a bill that doesn't show an area code that suggests you may only have a Virgin mobile account.

If that is the case then Mobile accounts do not come with the free email service that is available with a Virginmedia broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jacko777
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham 

I  did have a virgin media account but I have moved and virgin are not here so I am with bt 

Thanks for you info I thought I could still access my email account  as my phone only holds emails for so long  and I need to find some old emails.  Does anybody have any clues how to access them or have I got to pay  I am on virgin mobile still and I used to be able to open my account and view all the emails 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM email accounts are supposed to be closed down 90 days after you ceased to be a broadband customer.  Some go on longer as the VM processes do not seem to be robust.

Webmail access is the first to go but access via an email client can go on longer.

Unfortunately, once this situation is reached there is no process available to reset the password.  The only help that VM staff are able to offer in such circumstances is to ensure the email address is closed down properly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Jacko777
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham 

I don't understand technology really 

My email account still works on my phone so where are my emails stored ? 

Sorry to be a idiot  bit it drives me mad when things keep changing 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Without getting too technical your emails are stored wherever you choose to store them.

If you are using the default settings on your phone it is likely to be connected to the VM servers via the IMAP protocol.  This means that when an email is deleted from you phone it is also deleted from the VM server.

So, unless you are keeping an offline backup of your emails, which, given your comments I suspect is unlikely, they are not stored anywhere else.

0 Kudos