Menu
Lyn431
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can't access my virgin emails

Suddenly, last Wednesday 27th my virgin emails stopped working.

as in previous queries, when going through my virgin media I came up against no mailbox.

I contacted virgin, and was advised that my email hadn't been migrated across to my new account. I moved 18 months ago. Because I don't remember the password from the old account they tell me nothing can be done.

Councidently, I received a refund from virgin today, letter dated last Wednesday 27th, saying they had found a mistake in my old account and they were due me money. Hard to believe it's nothing to do with me loosing my email account, which I've had for 15 plus years.

Any advice on rectifying this would be greatly received.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't access my virgin emails

if the email has already been deleted it can't be recovered or recreated.
If its still active it can still be moved but as you stated you would have to pass security on the old and new accounts.

If you can't remember the password they might be able to ask other questions but as its a closed account I'm not sure
0 Kudos
Lyn431
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I understand that, it was explained to me at length. However, what I don't understand is why I've lost my emails because someone didn't action the transfer of my account 18 months correctly, and because I trusted it was done correctly I didn't keep a note of the passwords, so therefor it's my fault?! Frustrating at best, very inconvenient!! 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lyn431

Sorry this has happened

When we close an account we do allow up to 90 days to allow customer to to retrieve emails etc 

However some fail to get closed completely and slip the net

This is what happened to yours now, after cleaning up lots of former accounts that had money owing back we will have closed access to the email at the same time 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos