Menu
Ruggz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am not receiving emails from o2 which I desperately need as am disabled.

I noticed a earlier thread with similar problem here, however it said it had been answered even though the Original poster said after the so called answer that it was not a fix. I am making a new thread as I guess a answered thread wouldn't be read by the people who need to see this problem and address it. as I am having similar issues I will explain. my spam settings are fine. I broke my phone now I cant access o2 account, through my email where I need to see the msg to password reset. They o2 have sent me 3 emails today and I need to see the emails for insurance purposes for my phone, so I can get my IMEI by resetting my password with o2. here is the msg I receive from o2 when I use the web password reset to say the msg has been sent -

Check your email

We've sent you an email to *****************@blueyonder.co.uk

Click the link in the email and you’ll be able to create a new password.

I've also called them on my land line twice and asked them to send me the emails whilst on phone, and they still have not arrived. decided to see if others with same issue and stumbled on this thread here. what can I do ? I'm disabled and I need to get my phone back and working asap but I cant file a insurance claim if i cant log into my o2 account which I forgot the password for. it seem virgin are some how blocking the emails at a higher level and i will reiterate that my spam settings are set to "receive in inbox marked as spam". so spam filter should not be a problem. these are some really important emails and o2 have reassured me on phone they were sent. As you can see above the response also from trying to reset my account through their online password reset. am really frustrated with this. any help would be greatly appreciated as to why these email are not reaching my inbox. can we please get this issue fixed as there are many o2 customers out there who are probably not receiving emails they need such as myself. I need my mobile phone for my disability as I cant always make my house phone when I have a fit. any help would be appreciated on this.  

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am not receiving emails from o2 which I desperately need as am disabled.

To keep this thread on the straight and narrow please refer here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Not-receiving-emails-from-o2/m-p/4671085#M215172

before adding anything here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ruggz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the thread was marked as answered when it wasn't. so started a new thread as the answer was wrong.  is another useless post for you though if you read the other post in the other thread which ended 3hours before you posted this message, then you would realise that's exactly what we were doing.

it was a dead post with no resolve for me or the OP at the time I posted this. so why bring up a dead post 🙂 if the OP never got a answer that answered my issue in the first place. most forums wont even bother with a post marked as answered. whatever anyway it was carried on in there once i was contacted in there. you just never took the time to realise and look for yourself before adding to your post count and  posting this rubbish here, essentially carrying on with comments in this post which was already dead. ironic ???? HINT: if you can learn to check before you post then you would save yourself a lot of wasted life is it really worth the +1 on your post count to think others don't realise this standard, or does it make you feel superior the fact you cant read and understand that what you mention above was already happening hours before you posted here, do your research please before you spost in future.

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The thing is it shouldn't have been a dead post IMHO.  Howard was merely pointing you to a post suggesting what was going on, and in fact, I'd missed that there had been no Forum Team interaction in that post until you posted in it..  So he may have actually done you and anyone else having the same problem a favour.

At least now the Forum Team have jumped into that thread and raised the issue, BUT this is as much down to o2 as it is to Virgin Media.

There are certain standards that mail transport is expected to adhere to and o2 aren't following them.  So they look to all the world to be a spammer,  but rather than filter mail as potential spam connections from the server are being rejected.  This has been a de-facto standard way of fighting spam for decades, yet surprisingly some of the big companies still get this wrong.   Coenoby did a lot of good in that thread..

Received: from ukmlwmsw004.uk.pri.o2.com ([158.230.100.102]) 
    by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id h3si13063831wru.429.2021.03.28.01.44.13

Tells me a lot as I really have put my head down the rabbit hole when it comes to understanding email.  (I have my own server which does follow best practices in terms of rDNS SPF DKIM and DMARC

I personally think you owe  Howard an apology, he really was trying to help.

Incidentally, you've now marked your post as solved by clicking the Helpful answer button, you might want to unmark it.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've created a thread in the o2 forums.  You might want to add to it as you're actually an affected customer.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Virgin-Media-Customers-not-receiving-O2-emails/m-p/1460103...

Tim

0 Kudos