Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I am no longer with Virginmedia and need my e-mail account closed

Hi,

I am an ex-customer but have continued to use my VM e-mail address (well over the 90 days when the account should have been closed). I  have been unable to access my account for a couple of days and have just checked Mailtester.com which shows it is still and the account is live. For security reasons I want to make sure the account is closed.

From looking at other threads it sounds like that as an ex-customer I can't go through usual customer service channels but that similar queries have been addressed via this forum.

Grateful for any advice or help, thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I am no longer with Virginmedia and need my e-mail account closed

@IC1 wrote:

Grateful for any advice or help, thanks.

You have come to the right place.

The Forum Team (VM employees) can arrange for the account to be completely deleted for you. One of them will contact you via this thread and take the necessary details via a forum Private Message (PM).

It certainly sounds as if the deletion process has started. VM seem to remove direct access to the account but often leave the SMTP email server still accessible. Tools such as Mailtester.com use the relevant SMTP server to check whether an email account exists and that is probably why it is coming up with a positive result even though you cannot log in to the account.

You are quite right to ask for the account to be completely deleted because as it stands the account could still be used by someone else to send out spam.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am no longer with Virginmedia and need my e-mail account closed

Thank you for the post IC1 and welcome to our community.

I'll pop you over a private message so we can get this email address removed for you.

Thanks, Emily.