Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Husband can't access his e-mail account

Hi,

Since Monday 9 a.m.-ish my husband hasn't been able to access his Virgin Media e-mail account, every time he tries to log in he gets an HTTP 500 error message. He rang 150 to try and sort it out and after a long and ineffectual conversation with someone in a call centre far, far away was advised to download Google Chrome as a browser and retry, which he did and it of course made no difference at all. There is nothing wrong with our other browser as it is the one I am using all the time to access my own Virgin Media e-mail account. Is there anyone technical out there who can help with this? We think his e-mail address needs resetting by Virgin Media but the thought of another long call centre conversation without a resolution is too painful to contemplate!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Husband can't access his e-mail account

There have been issues with accessing Virgin email via Google Chrome for some time now:- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/UPDATE-Unable-to-access-webmail-Error-606/td-p/4150263 

"This has been raised under the ticket reference F007790614.

This seems to predominately affecting access over Google Chrome, so using an alternate web browser may help restore access in the interim. We have also been advised clearing the cookies may also help with this until a permanent fix is put in place."

I'm more than a little surprised this was recommended by the "help" desk as a possible solution, but on reflection it highlights just how useless the offshore support has become.

Try using an email client for access until VM get their act together. Could be a long wait though!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos