Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

How to unblock emails from Amazon

A third party blocked my email address so that I do not receive emails from Amazon. This only relates to Amazon. Amazon tell me that it can only be fixed by Virgin Media. The Virgin Media website is unhelpful with this specific query. Can anyone assist please? Alan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to unblock emails from Amazon

Hello Alan

How do you check your emails either webmail or a client like outlook, have you checked in Spam/Junk folder ?

If they are in the the junk folder you can then marked them as not junk/spam.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Alan12H wrote:

A third party blocked my email address so that I do not receive emails from Amazon. This only relates to Amazon. Amazon tell me that it can only be fixed by Virgin Media.

I would check your VM Webmail account to see if a hacker has gained access to your VM email account and set up a filter within the account so that Amazon emails get auto forwarded to another email account they control (it won't be their own account obviously!). They can then make purchases on your Amazon account with you being non the wiser.😮

See item 4 here for details: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked but it would be worthwhile following all the advice while you are at it.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, thanks for that. I check on the Virgin Media email site. There's nothing  in spam or trash. Amazon tell me the problem should be solved by Virgin but the V website isn't easy to negotiate.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Alan12H wrote:

the V website isn't easy to negotiate.  

Just follow the link in my post. 😉

As well as clicking on "Auto forward" click on "Filter rules" as well.😊

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I followed the link but there's nothing in either Auto Forward or Filter Rules.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If you've done everything suggested above then the only plausible conclusion is that someone has obtained your e-mail password and changed your e-mail address on the amazon site. VM categorically do not block mail from amazon. They might class it as spam but they do not block it. Nothing here for VM to do.

You need to talk to amazon about their responsibilities in this matter and get them to restore your account to how it should be.

Indeed you say exactly that third party was involved and that just reinforces my conclusion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Alan12H wrote:
I followed the link but there's nothing in either Auto Forward or Filter Rules.

Ok, that is very good news because that is the only way a third party could put a block on you receiving Amazon emails into your account.

"Amazon tell me that it can only be fixed by Virgin Media."

Unfortunately the Amazon customer service agents pulled the trick used by cs staff everywhere to get you off the line asap. In order for VM to be able to track the missing incoming emails, Amazon will need to give you the details of the relevant messages from their logs.

The keys questions are - are the missing emails being rejected or delivered, what are the message codes Amazon get and what are the specific dates and times.

Just a final thought, have you been able to receive emails from Amazon in the past?

Coenoby

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Alan12H wrote:

A third party blocked my email address so that I do not receive emails from Amazon. This only relates to Amazon. Amazon tell me that it can only be fixed by Virgin Media. The Virgin Media website is unhelpful with this specific query. Can anyone assist please? Alan.

Ask Amazon to supply you with supporting information (i.e. server logs entries / bounce messages) to pass onto Virgin Media to help them identify the issue. Once you have the supporting information either: (a) post a request here asking a forum team member to Private Message (PM) you to receive the supporting information; (b) redact all personal information from the supporting information and post here.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.
0 Kudos