Menu
Kevind64
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

How to resubscribe to emails

Hi

I've recently accidentally cancelled subscription to emails when receiving them, and also my blocked emails is full according to virgin mail box when I try to ban more.

Please can anyone advise how i can resubscribe and also find where to unblock emails.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to resubscribe to emails

Unsubscribed from where? If you’re referring to a Virginmedia account & you left over 30 days ago then the account should’ve been deactivated. Have you tried signing in to the webmail account?

If you’re a current user then just sign in to the webmail account & clear out your blocked list.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Likely referring to the Unsubscribe from List button shown in webmail's email header. If that is the case then either:

• wait for the unsubscribe confirmation email and follow the instructions to resubscribe
  • visit the list's website to resubscribe

FYI: unsubscribe requests can be found in the Sent objects folder

BTW do not use  Unsubscribe from List button to unsubscribe from lists you have no knowledge of as this is likely to be spam.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
smiley1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

This has been happening to me for some time now as the "show images" box is right next to "unsubscribe" and sometimes when I click on "show images" it actually unsubscribes me.

The e mail then automatically gets sent to unsubscribe and there is no function to resubscribe.

I have tried contacting the companies concerned they have resubscribed me but I still get no e mails from them. Does this mean Virgin are looking at the unsubscribe and not the subsequent subscribe and not letting the e mails through, even to spam

What can I do about getting these e mails to come through again and can the unsubscribe button on the e mails be placed away from the show images to stop this happening.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@smiley1 wrote:

I have tried contacting the companies concerned they have resubscribed me but I still get no e mails from them. Does this mean Virgin are looking at the unsubscribe and not the subsequent subscribe and not letting the e mails through, even to spam

What can I do about getting these e mails to come through again and can the unsubscribe button on the e mails be placed away from the show images to stop this happening.

It only makes sense for the newsletter publisher to the be tracking subscribe / unsubscribe data; try subscribing via the publishers website, if you are already subscribed you should receive a warning.

You will need to wait or a forum team member to raise the user interface issue with the email team.

0 Kudos
smiley1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I do click on resubscribe but don't get any e mails from the companies I have tried to resubscribe to. When I contact them they say I am subscribed but no e mails come through from them. Are Virgin blocking these because of an unsubscribe e mail?

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@smiley1 wrote:

I do click on resubscribe but don't get any e mails from the companies I have tried to resubscribe to.

Personally, I would always go back to the company's website to resubscribe rather than relying on VM's resubscribe route. You know exactly what your subscription status is if you do it yourself.😉

When I contact them they say I am subscribed but no e mails come through from them.

Again, as above resubscribing manually ensures you know you've resubscribed. Perhaps I'm naturally suspicious but from my experience relying on a company's customer services team to check your status can be risky.

Are Virgin blocking these because of an unsubscribe e mail?

No, but you can check that by looking at the blacklist and filter rules for your account by signing into your Webmail account and:

1)Click the system menu icon (the three horizontal bars) on the right side of the menu bar

2) Click Settings.

3) Expand the E-mail options.

4) Select Black List to see if the company is being blocked

5) Just to make sure, then select Filter Rules to double check there are no filters set up to block the company

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
smiley1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I always try to resubscribe on the companies accounts. I haven't ever seen a resubscribe button on Virgin e mails. All the companies I try to resubscribe to say I am resubscribed but there are no e mails from them and nothing on the VM blacklist.

0 Kudos
smiley1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've done all this. None of the addresses are in spam or the blacklist.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@smiley1 wrote:

All the companies I try to resubscribe to say I am resubscribed but there are no e mails from them and nothing on the VM blacklist.

When I replied to your first post I could not remember seeing any other forum posts on the same subject. However, I have found one that seems very similar from December last year. I was out of action back then after a nasty accident so did not see it at that time. I have added the link here for information but please don't post on that thread, it will only  confuse matters.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Incoming-Email-Bounce-Notification-Blocked-Unsubscribed/m... 

As you can see, an organisation was being notified that their emails to a VM address were being "Blocked Unsubscribed Notification". That sounds similar to what you think is happening to you. Unfortunately the problem did not seem to be followed up so it does not give us any answers.

However, like the poster on that thread you need to try contacting the organisations that you have resubscribed to and see if they will provide you with a copy of the error (bounce message) that they are getting when they try to email you, or if they will send you a copy of their email log for a relevant email to you. You can copy and post the information here but redact any email addresses by removing the part of the address before the @ sign.

That information could give a lot of insight into what is happening if your emails are indeed being blocked. Without that information there is not a lot more that can be done.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos