Menu
BDickson
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to remove a 2nd email address that is being spammed

Hi,

How do I delete and old unused blueyonder email account from my alternatives list. This is down to this email address being bombarded with Norton/Macafee phishing emails.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to remove a 2nd email address that is being spammed

If it is showing as an alternative email address on the My Profile page it is an alias of the primary email address and cannot be removed.

If it is listed on the Manage Accounts page click on view/change and then select Delete account and confirm the change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BDickson
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It is showing as an alternative, so is the only way of stopping these phishing emails from 'Norton' and 'Macafee' to delete my blueyonder email account and start a fresh email?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@BDickson wrote:

Hi,

It is showing as an alternative, so is the only way of stopping these phishing emails from 'Norton' and 'Macafee' to delete my blueyonder email account and start a fresh email?

@BDickson wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately it isn't possible to delete a primary blueyonder email address as it is tied into the VM log in systems.

However, if it is the rogue Norton and McAffee spam you want to obliterate it seems that they all contain an invalid sent date so can be dealt with by a filter.

See this post for the details:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Norton-and-Mcafee/m-p/4614141#M212217

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BDickson
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Just to say thank you, the new filter is indeed working on these awful Norton/Macafee phishes.

Much appreciated

Brian

0 Kudos