cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete my primary virgin email account

BrianLudwig
Up to speed

Can VM delete my primary email account as I no longer use Virgin Media email ?

OR

Can I delete it myself ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ALF28
Super solver

There is no facility to remove a primary email, it is attached to the virgin media account, only secondary emails can be removed yourself.

If you are still a customer of virgin media the primary email is still part of your package.

Emails stop working after 90 days if you were to leave virgin media and can not be used after that.

If you are no longer a customer?- you can then request removal of the primary email.

I asked the same question back in 2019, and was told the primary email can not be deleted while my VM account is active.

New customers are no longer offered the VM email service.

If you do not use the email for 90 days it will stop working even if you are a customer, so wise to keep the email active and be in control , even if you have switched to other email provider, the virgin email still needs to be kept active and "secure" as it part of the VM online account, so just log into it  once a week for example.

You can switch your "new third party email address" to login to  the VM account in settings and also as your new VM contact email address.

As the virgin email still does belong to you, just use it as a spare or throwaway email address for newsletters etc.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

ALF28
Super solver

There is no facility to remove a primary email, it is attached to the virgin media account, only secondary emails can be removed yourself.

If you are still a customer of virgin media the primary email is still part of your package.

Emails stop working after 90 days if you were to leave virgin media and can not be used after that.

If you are no longer a customer?- you can then request removal of the primary email.

I asked the same question back in 2019, and was told the primary email can not be deleted while my VM account is active.

New customers are no longer offered the VM email service.

If you do not use the email for 90 days it will stop working even if you are a customer, so wise to keep the email active and be in control , even if you have switched to other email provider, the virgin email still needs to be kept active and "secure" as it part of the VM online account, so just log into it  once a week for example.

You can switch your "new third party email address" to login to  the VM account in settings and also as your new VM contact email address.

As the virgin email still does belong to you, just use it as a spare or throwaway email address for newsletters etc.